12 most common mistakes made in cake baking:
1. Failure to read the recipe in it's
entirety before starting.
2. Failure to assemble all ingredients
and equipment before proceeding.
3. Inaccurate measurement of ingredients.
4. Failure to presift when necessary
and measure flour correctly.
5. Allowing "room-temperature"
ingredients to become too warm.
6. Improper creaming of butter and
7. Underbeating egg yolks and over
beating egg whites.
8. Improper folding.
9. Over heating chocolate when melting.
10. Failure to temper ingredients
11. Over mixing batters after the
flour has been added
12. Failure to match proper pan size,
capacity, and material with appropriate batter.